Contact: Chris Maye
Passing The Joint Commission (TJC), inspection doesn't necessarily mean that your facility is in compliance with the numerous EPA, OSHA and state regulations. Healthcare facilities can be subjected to numerous fines and penalties for regulatory non-compliance resulting in negative impacts to revenue as well as public image.
CMI is a major provider of environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, energy, management and emergency response services to the healthcare industry. Our services focus in four areas:
Complying with constantly changing environmental regulations can burden healthcare facility staff. CMI reduces this burden by providing the following services to maintain regulatory compliance:
- • Pharmaceutical Waste Management
- • Medical Waste Process Design
- • Underground Storage Tank Management and Design
- • Regulatory Compliance/Permit Audits
- • Environmental Site Assessment
- • Real Estate - Phase I and II
- • Auditing
- • Asbestos/Lead Paint Surveys/Remedial Design
- • Storage Tank SPCC Plans for Generator and Boiler Fuel Storage
- • Tier II reporting
- • Air Permits, Recordkeeping, and Reporting
Emergency Planning and Preparedness Services for Healthcare facilities
Healthcare facilities need to be prepared to deal with and respond to a natural or man-made (all hazards) event. Employees need to be trained to safely respond to a mass casualty incident. It's critical that facilities be prepared to manage an influx of patients, potentially contaminated patients, patient reunification, communication breakdowns, and other emergency events to ensure the continuity of operating a functional institution.
CMI can assist in developing and maintaining a strong functioning emergency management program in the following planning areas.
- • Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs)
- • Hospital Evacuation Planning
- • Severe Weather Planning
- • Hazardous Spill Planning
- • Business Continuity Planning
- • Hospital Incident Command
- • Decontamination Planning, Procedures and Training
- • Drills and Exercises to test plans and procedures
Industrial Hygiene & Safety Services for Healthcare facilities
Managing Health & Safety programs in a healthcare facility can be challenging to most facility managers. Many organizations simply do not have the resources available to staff the team of health & safety professionals required to ensure the facilities are in compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOH, and TJC requirements.
CMI assists healthcare facilities with the following services:
- • Hearing Conservation Program
- • Ergonomics Program
- • Force Testing Evaluations
- • Industrial Health & Safety/OSHA Compliance Surveys
- • Compliance Training & Education
- • Industrial Hygiene Services
- • Indoor Air Quality Investigations
- • Auditing
- • OSHA Compliance Programs
- • Training
CMI's Engineers will act as your in-house Energy Manager and provide you with energy savings opportunities that will be based on your energy reduction strategy and metrics that suit your business financials.