1-800-701-9369

Recent studies have shown that exposure to Peracetic acid, a peroxide-based molecule, can cause workplace asthma after prolonged used. Peracetic acid is a sporicidal agent commonly used as a disinfectant in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, food service and food production industries.

Professionals with environmental responsibilities have typically considered Peracetic acid to be environmentally friendly. However, industrial hygienists recognize that it is also highly corrosive and a strong oxidizer. Exposure to Peracetic acid has been known to severely irritate the eyes, skin, and respiratory system.

 

For an assessment of your risk, CMI can conduct an IH sampling to help protect the safety and well-being of employees that come in contact with this agent